Our Governing body is made up of 14 governors and they are all motivated and dedicated to the success of the school and college. The members are elected from the Local Authority, the School staff, the parents and the community. All governors attend the Full Governing Board meetings. There are two committees (the PFB and PCQ) and all governors are on at least one of the committees, based on the skills they have.
If you would like details of the governor meetings and attendance, please contact the clerk.
The governing body is currently made up of 14 members:
- The Executive Headteacher
- A local authority governor appointed by the local authority
- Two parent governors
- One staff governor
- Co-opted community governors appointed by the governing body
Details of the governors and their Declarations of Interest can be found here.
The role of the Governors
The core functions of the governing body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Executive Headteacher to account for the educational purposes of the school/college and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school/college and making sure that money is well spent
- Monitoring Health and Safety
- Approving policies
In addition to the above our governors also participate in interviews and sit on appeal panels.
Many of our governors have said that they have gained valuable experiences from working with us and being a governor means that they have the satisfaction of knowing that they have made a real difference to the development of children, young people, the school/college and the community.
Co Chair of Governors:
Clerk to Governors:
Michelle McCann email@example.com